The Power Nazi is back, page-2

1. 17,185 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 600
    lol, and i thought i was a nutcase with our power bill,

just remember your supply charge has increased, not the units per kwh,

and if you have solar panels, the feed in tarrif is 7 cents, ( here in wa)

what i did was changed the light globes to led as well, that makes a difference, and then walked behind everybody with a whip to make sure the lights were turned of,

i came home from work a few months ago to find every bloody light in the house on in the middle of the day, didnt i go pear shaped, lol,

btw, putting your kettle on the gas stove is actually far cheaper, each to their own i guess,

i have a 200 litre deep freeze in the garage full of lamb beef and chicken,

most people dont eat a lot, we do, i have a big family, i also grow my own veggies,

anyway, the deep freeze needs to be kept full at all times or the freezer wont run efficiently,

ive turned the beer fridge of on the back deck as i emptied it of home brews, ill put another brew on this weekend and fill the beer fridge up again, lol,

youll only get your power bill down to a certain point, called the tipping point, then it wont go down any further unless you turn the power of, which is a dumb thing to do, lol,

your supply charge will go up again in a months time as will your insurances regos, rates water bills, etc,

damned if you do and damned if you dont,

i got my power bill down from $1000.00 down to $200.00,

i got my water bill down from $200.00 to $100.00

i hedged my diesel fuel bill by storing diesel at $129 per litre, current diesel price is $1.49, problem is i dont have enough diesel for this next cycle of rorting, which will last for the next 6-12 months, oild prices will hit $100 a barrel, so im going to have to suck it up and pay through the nose in the next 6 months,

nice kettle btw, mines a red one, it goes faster, lol,

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.