LNG 0.00% 4.3¢ liquefied natural gas limited

The Power Of Shorters

1. 9,242 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 884
    Being new to understanding the short game, I thought I might share some insight into LNG and why it is a dangerous stock to be in at the moment:

Please click on this link:
    http://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=lng

Look at Wednesday and Thursday:  Close to 13 million shorted shares to add to the 17 million already shorted.  So now there is 30 million LNG shares shorted or 6% of the register (assuming the shorts didn't bail on Wednesday or Thursday).  Shorted shares are generally those you should steer clear of.  They are very high risk, especially when shorters are not scared to increase their positions .  With LNG, shorters have appeared to almost doubled their closing position over the last 2 days (assuming no fleeing).

30 million in short volume will take a lot of buying to wipe out.  I see a sustained sell-off following this spike unless management releases the mother of all announcements.  Management has done us no favours by being coy.  They need to talk this company up.

A sad way to end a week that could have been so much better for all if management had played its cards differently. These are just thoughts, however the interest in LNG is now back (> 124m shares traded or close to 25% of the register turned over in the last 3 days at a VWAP of 97.79 cents) and hopefully we will see the buying train loaded with cargo in the near future.

Good luck holders.  Have a peaceful long weekend.
    Last edited by prosperity: 10/06/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.