the prawns have just been fried...

1. 8,980 Posts.
    The chilly has been marinating in the champagne all night. The apricots and figs have been soaking in a mixture of sherry, tawny port and dubonet with a few cloves, also all night.
    Mrs At will be skewering the prawns and dumping them in the champers once they're cold.
    Soon I'll be off to set up the booth and preparing the utensils for the sizzling of the Libs...
    Alas, in Kooyong, we've got bugger all hope, cause Petro Georgiou is well loved around here and people will be torn between his good work and Howards disgraceful one. I know many people in this electorate and what few swinging voters there are will be voting -in greater numbers, I believe- for the incumbent.
    But, Kooyong is but one seat only! Let the rest of the country get us out of the cultural cringe we've reverted to in the last decade. Let them throw away the pall of fear and let the aussie spirit emerge and be seen and felt by the whole world:
    We are ONE, we are AUSTRALIAN, we are GOOD and we're a DEMOCRACY... once again!

Cheers and good humour to yuz all! Enjoy the day, the evening, the night, the next three years!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.