Yes Ducktails, nice observations. I watched the game with 5...

1. 2,196 Posts.
    Yes Ducktails, nice observations. I watched the game with 5 mates who are devout Eagles boys and the biggest baggers of the Dockers. They were duly impressed and are on the bandwagon. They are playing a brand of footy that has garnered the respect of anyone who knows anything about football. The passion of the players, harnessed beautifully by Ross the boss, is what we football followers, love to see.

This is a side, now, who work hard for each other in the name of camararderie and is a breath of fresh air in a game that has recently been tarnished by high paid stars, questionable practices and one upmanship.

I have no doubt if they bring the same game they will win!

Without bias, I have not seen a side so desperate for each other for a very long time.

They are fully aware now of their capabilities and their potential. The replay is playing in the background as I type. Walters has just taken a screamer and kicked his third.

I hope for the sake of our loyal, devout, captain they can help him lift the cup! Either way it is a momentous occasion for the purple and white, players and supporters alike!

Hawks are a fantastic side over the last six years and have a clear advantage over the Dockers but a new belief has arisen in the last two weeks. The big question remains if the occasion will be overwhelming but I can't help but think it will not be easy for the Hawks. The Dockers will be putting every bone in their bodies on the line for a very long time into this game.

I maintain my sentiment:

A team of champs vs a champion team.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.