GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Gold has recently decoupled from most currencies except the USD...

1. 7,486 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 515
    Gold has recently decoupled from most currencies except the USD ... saving the best til last.

Anyone watching the UK atm? Looks to me they are about to seek a hand from the IMF ... tho doubt IMF is big enough to oblige.

Sovereign default is around the corner. Watch the currencies of countries as they hit the meltdown button. What do u reckon their citizens will be looking for ?

This DEFAULT "flight to safety" is what's still keeping the USD afloat ... the final phase of the megacon job to sponge up as much of everyone else's liquidity to fund their problems and try and minimise the amount they have to print.

Thats the missing link to Puplava's perfect storm ... the US bond market meltdown leading to wholesale baleout of foreigners from US and taking USDX down with it.

Only problem is where to put it when others will be melting down ahead of them? Asked yourselves why POG is edging up WITH USDX atm?

US needs 14 trillion short term to fund Obamarama circus ... not his fault, but he sure aint interested in cutting back. And no-one is going to give him any of theire any more ... watch the US bond auctions start to fail. At least he can print hey?

What we in Oz should be thinking about is what AUDPOG is heading for cos thats whats going to affect our pockets.

Oz is in deepening shiite with our Manchurian candidate opening up our coffers telling us Ozzies, she'll be right mate, take another handout and relax on the beach while we sell what's left of the farm. Anybody wondering what Oz's CAD/GDP is going to look like over next year or so? Our problem is national debt is mostly in USD ... but we cant print that paper like the yanks can ... we gotta PAY our way out.

Thats why AUDPOG is already sitting at all time highs and about to hit the warp drive button.

2009 will see more quakes rock the global financial system. Yet the yanks and everyone following are intent on print - flooding the world with paper without thought to whats ahead. They shouldave let nature take its cyclical course as far back as 1993 instead of setting us up for the final fall. PURE EVIL.

We are in increasing ASSET DEFLATION + increasing at greater rate MONETARY INFLATION combo. GOLD is MONEY ..... ask three quarters' of the worlds religions. Gold aint a commodity related to the asset deflation bit ... its linked to the monetary inflation about to warp into monetary hyperinflation bit. In the end its the ONLY real money cos thats what the Good Books of the world rate it as. Even that Olympian Nostradamus cites "there will be a scramble for the yellow metal" ... we aint had a "scramble yet" ... but it's coming and for good reason.

Dunno if we will ever see a gold standard again but if we do and its related to coming money supply growth, we wont be talking about pricing gold in ounces, we will be rating it in micrograms.

For now whilst the US conjob remains (albeit on its final legs), gold will more or less move in tandem with the still reserve currency, USD until the US bond bubble busts ... the mother of all bubble busts. Gold will then assume its historic and proper place as the ONLY reserve currency as USD paper burns on a global scale to join the ashes of all other papers.

2009 aint yet the "scramble for the yellow metal year" ... give it a couple more for mine. But for us ozzies, reckon we are already in deep blue ... or should I say ... deep golden times as Rudd realises Keating's Pacific peso call.

My 2009 call :

USDX 103 peak before it capitulates making Puplava smile;

USDPOG edging up to 1100 or so in combo with USDX;

AUDUSD heading for 0.47 .... do the numbers on AUDPOG, thats all I'm interested in atm ..... 1400 now, 1800, 2200, 2400 coming up ?

Looking bit later tho, can "see" global interest rates SOARING in attempt to hold together crumbling currencies, paper burning in unison, with USDPOG probably peaking at 3000 before settling at 2000 in a REAL global depression ... the D-word is only "talk" atm. Reality is work-for-the-dole and soup for free. They gotta really make the mistakes before they really pay for them.

For now close watch on UK banks and what UK is going to do about them. And wonder how many of ours will still be around by 2011?

There are big players trying to buy run-of-mine production at 10+% premium over spot atm. There just aint enough to go around if the fund managers decide to start taking out some golden portfolio insurance policies.

Me? I'm tring to find the smallcap emerging gold producers the market hasnt caught whiff of yet ... thats the low risk leverage play ... their success is set in gold now for mine, cos they will be raking it in in burning AUD dont forget.

IMBOOC

PS All thi sassumes ORDER is maintained. If we instead get a global derivative-default nuke explosion and Mad max takes over, then Gold will be the ONLY currency in a barter world. (OK, silver too, thats in the Good Book as well)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.