AVQ 0.00% 2.5¢ axiom mining limited

the price watchers thread, page-118

1. 555 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 44
    I'm a bit confused here - starting to wonder if I'm the uneducated one... quote the article:

"The Special Coordinator of the Australian-led Regional Assistance Mission to Solomon Islands (RAMSI), Nicholas Coppel, has said that from the middle of next year, troops will not be needed as part of the Mission.

"At some point in the second half of 2013, RAMSI will become a policing-only mission," he said.

"While the possibility of civil disorder in Solomon Islands cannot be ruled out, we can be more confident that militancy is much less likely, as there's no evidence of it, let alone an appetite for it." "

How does this support that things are getting worse?!?! Looks to me like civil unrest has significantly reduced - only police support required going forward and a premier is bitching because some foreigners (RAMSI) are leaving reducing the amount of cash flow into the area.

This is part of a structured reduction in support for an areas that has IMPROVED stability. Again quote:

"As RAMSI troops leave the Solomon Islands, assistance to the police force will continue for at least four years.

Coppel says around 150 police officers will remain in a supporting role."

Thanks for the POSITIVE news link wills123.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVQ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.