the problem with the ipcc, page-27

1. 3,725 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 100
    tinnitus and Butcherboy: If you find it convenient to quote Wikipedia, two can play that game.

Wikipedia - "Professor Hubert Lamb, climatologist who founded the Climatic Research Unit at University of East Anglia...he became known for his prediction of gradual global cooling and a coming ice age...."

I'll repeat that in capital letters so that everyone can see it quite clearly:

PROFESSOR HUBERT LAMB...FOUNDED CLIMATIC RESEARCH UNIT AT UNIVERSITY OF EAST ANGLIA...KNOWN FOR HIS PREDICTION OF GRADUAL GLOBAL COOLING AND A COMING ICE AGE...

According to "The Age", Tues. Sept 12th 1972, this is what he told the reporter:

"A coming ice age is beginning to creep over the Northern Hemisphere and the rest of this century will now be colder and colder.

Also from 8th Sept. 1972 "Desert News of Salt Lake City":

"The last 20 years of this century will be progressively colder" and "We are on a definite downhill course for the next two centuries".

My questions to you: How could the man say these things, without having published same in the scientific literature, yet end up becoming a Professor?

Did he have a curious habit of talking out of his arse to the Press?

You guys make me laugh.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.