MEL 0.00% 0.5¢ metgasco ltd

the process has to be sold properly

1. 3,592 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 333
    http://pipeliner.com.au/news/the_st...tm_content=news:the_state_of_fracking_in_2015

Key take from the above for me was;

"Growing energy demand will necessitate a need for unconventional gas to continue to play its role in supplying Australian and international markets, but what is clear is that foreign or domestic demand alone will not be enough to gain maximum development from the industry.

There needs to be a willingness from those across the industry to reinforce the quality of its safeguards and confirm its scientific rationale in a broader forum and on a greater stage.

Good news stories need to be brought to light, amplified and broadcast in a way that reaches our decision makers and changes public scepticism and opinion.

The public need to hear loud and clear that the industry has a social licence to operate based on environmentally sound practices, a safe working environment and a demonstrated public equity.

Future projects depend on it."

*underlining is mine...

Unfortunately don't believe current Board nor PH have the stomach OR the skills for this...

And who ever does eventually, they will need a concerted, planned and well resourced campaign support base from the NSW Gov't.!

Given the ineptitude, and backflipping on the part of successive state politicians now over a long period....no listed company in its right mind will otherwise revisit the type of operations MEL was undertaking when it ran into the disgusting, cowardly, ill-informed and criminal activities so well documented and crowed about here and elsewhere.

Living in hope that common sense will prevail, but glad to have other options just the same.

PS: And where are those good news stories to be found....well, some north of the border of course, and many more I've read about in America, contrary to Fox type tripe n paranoia. Will see if I can find some of them, but WHY aren't the big guns APPEA, Santos, AGL et al already on to this. One can only hope they are already working away behind the scenes with the newly re-elected Baird gov't.

But it shouldn't remain 'behind the scenes' any longer!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $6.987M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 103000 0.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 5019540 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.03pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.