I used this forum three years ago mostly. I got smoked in the...

1. 944 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    I used this forum three years ago mostly. I got smoked in the ASX bad. However at the same time, brought alot of property 7 in melbourne and regional VIC. Over that time have had significant gains well out stripping my ASX losses. At the time there where so many in this forum spruking about GFC and how property was going to crash. Logged in for the first time today to find out the same people and still banging out the same statements.

Like anything it has its ups and downs but i would suggest the properties bears have miss out big time, I think Ive averages 9% growth on my portfolio. Even if prices dropped today I'm fine with that. Most bears fail to understand what caused property to crash in the US and how our market is different. They refuse to believe that there will be money to be made even in a failing market in the right areas. I have purchased properties bringing in 8-10% yeild so do i really care if the market drops ? not really !

If your talking shares vs Property I would take property every day of the week. A lot less costly to leverage and more reliable based on return and easier to control return with less variables. I would suggest those who complain can't afford to get into the property market and have some sour grapes

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.