NEW 0.00% 6.3¢ new energy solar limited

The shares that we have left after 24th Nov 22, we will be paid...

1. 73 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    The shares that we have left after 24th Nov 22, we will be paid 82c per share, plus receive the 14c dividend per share.

NEW seems now to have positive earnings, revenue expected to grow 16% and has no debt.

So that I understand, should NEW delist on the ASX, it can change into a private entity / fund. From what I've read, private equities have been going well against listed shares.

I struggle sometimes to understand the behaviour of buyers and sellers of shares when company news comes out. Sometimes when there is good news about a particular share, I expect the price to go up, but then for some reason it drops. Befuddles me every time.

I notice that there are now about twice as many buyers of NEW (11M shares) than sellers (5M shares). Are people buying at 20c per share before ex div date to secure the dividend, then I assume the share price will drop to about 6c (ex div), and the expectation of the buyers is that NEW will again rise to 20c or more? That seems like a huge expectation to me. What is the driving thought process here? Can someone enlighten me please?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEW (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.