MSB 1.02% 99.0¢ mesoblast limited

@Stumpyphantom unfortunately nobody has the power or skill to...

1. 188 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 483
    @Stumpyphantom unfortunately nobody has the power or skill to remove or lessen somebody else's anxiety, no matter what the circumstances. However the good news is, the stressed or anxious person itself can calm down their own nervous system effectively.

Before looking at strategies to reduce ones anxiety, I would look at what causes the anxiety. In our case focusing and predicting certain dates, a certain share price, dividends, take overs etc. can certainly be stimulating and exciting. The brains reward system is activated when we make these prediction or engage with them and the brain releases dopamin. But when the actual outcome differs we experience cognitive dissonance as we are holding two different thoughts. When we make these predictions we are at risk of becoming emotionally involved and when those expectations aren't fulfilled we experience frustration and disappointment. Expectations often give people a sense of control over future outcomes. When those outcomes don't eventuate we can feel a loss of control leading to disappointment and anxiety.

As I said earlier there are many strategies to reduce stress and anxiety - and I believe there is plenty of (positive) stress yet to come for Mesoblast investors. Unfortunately the brain cannot distinguish between positive and negative stress and will react the same way to both. I am sure most of readers are very familiar with these stress reducing skills: practicing mindfulness, regular exercise, healthy diet, adequate sleep, limiting alcohol intake, have meaningful social connections, having activities you enjoy and breathing exercises to name a few.

Most people when face with serious adversity like the passing of a loved one, a serious accident or illness etc. wish for nothing more then a return to their old normal boring life. A boring normal life is one of the most underappreciated commodities in ones life. Boredom and normality provide us the foundation for creativity, productivity, personal growth and emotional stability. Embracing boredom and normality can lead to a deeper appreciation of life and contributes significantly to overall well-being. So @Stumpyphantom enjoy watching the kettle trying to boil. Your are lucky, you are part of an interesting process and are witnessing a groundbreaking innovation coming in it's own time to fruition.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
99.0¢
Change
0.010(1.02%)
Mkt cap ! $1.130B
Open High Low Value Volume
99.5¢ $1.02 98.5¢ $5.507M 5.501M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 9996 99.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
99.5¢ 18069 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.