The Purpose of a School, page-59

1. 1,690 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Your contribution to the debate is? But thanks for giving me an opportunity to post again on this thread.

I am one of the growing number of parents who believe the school system is failing. We home school. One thing home schoolers have in common is they are all deeply committed to the education of their children. Committed but in all different ways which freaks a lot of people out, particularly the Maoists in education.

As an example, our primary school kids are learning computer coding which is not available in any of the schools near us.

We also don't take one cent from the government.

One thing that does concern us is that our children don't have the skills to celebrate without cheering, clapping or making a noise in some matter. Maybe there's a book in the library about it.

If we go back to the header of this thread.. the purpose of school... its a very good question. In the meanwhile, whilst I ponder that question we will be giving our kids the skills to eventually enter the workforce and expose them to things in life that may interest them.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.