QAN 0.49% $6.06 qantas airways limited

I normally avoid Qantas as much as possible, because of the...

1. 7,247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I normally avoid Qantas as much as possible, because of the snooty over-confident attitude of staff, compared to every other airline worldwide that I have travelled with, - and I've travelled on a helluva lot, - but last week I had to fly with them from Sydney to Hervey Bay in Queensland.

Entering the beautiful Qantas T3 terminal in Sydney, I was determined to put any prejudice aside, and to be totally objective and fair. So what happened? Well, I got my boarding pass from the machine smoothly, no problem at all, 10/10 so far so good. Then I had to deposit my luggage in to the automatic bag-drop system. A message indicated a problem and said "See an attendant".

I looked around and spotted a very well dressed man who confidently marched me to the machine for him to try. Uh oh, he got the same message, and then pointed me to a different attendant, some distance away. it was clearly beneath his dignity and station to deal with my issue. This one was younger and very pleasant. He could not help me immediately but pointed me towards a senior check-in chick, and told me to "catch her attention as soon as she finishes with the person there". This was effectively jumping the queue under instruction, something that she immediately took advantage of. Standing bolt upright, she told me in condescending tone that she had a whole line of people to deal with. I pointed to attendant number two, and said he sent me here to you. The she haughtily led me away to a machine and attempted to load my luggage again. Same message, so she used her card to override the machine. Once she realised I was not bone stupid, and the machine was actually at fault, she cracked a smile, - but it was too late, she got minus 10/10.  

So, nothing has changed for me. Qantas remains my last resort carrier. It is clear they have a training problem.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.06
Change
-0.030(0.49%)
Mkt cap ! $9.874B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.08 $6.13 $6.03 $36.94M 6.090M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 64244 $6.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.07 17434 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.