DML 0.00% 1.9¢ discovery metals limited

The Rational Investor's Price for DML, page-9

1. 426 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    Thanks Apple

I think to answer trav, we will be doomed if this deal with cupric falls through and no other viable options emerges.

However the bigger mining companies do not make haste decisions about something as long term as investing in producing commodities. Just as the surpluses are piling on now, it will come off boil very quickly. It takes several years from exploration to production.

Even for dml, it will take several months and millions of dollars to reverse their decision to care and maintenance. It's umlike oil and gas where you simply turn the tap on or off.

For cupric, my guess of their motivation is the boseto plant itself. It will save them a lot of time and money to buy a nearby off the shelf processing plant that is efficient than to invest significantly to build another similar plant with high expense and ramp up risks.

In this regards, bob might have some leverage. The mention of the care and maintenance not affecting the transaction gives clue to my opinion.

It's still a wait and see at the moment, it's certain that shareholders will be asked to take another hit. But I am hopeful still that it will be something better than what I can get now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DML (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.