SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

the real chinese deal is imminent

1. 10,494 Posts.
    As a rule of thumb, articles like those on the WSJ blog will burn a whole in your pocket. Someone is using it to shake the tree to load up on the cheap.

At 57 cents, it's daylight robbery and the Chinese are as hungry as ever to amass IO resources around the globe and SDL is the crown jewel.

Look, I think the Chinese know the FIRB may throw the spanner in the works and that the Han Long executives being investigated by ASIC may get CHARGED. The whole thing will get really messy and even if Han Long doesn't get barred from the takeover, it could be many months (perhaps up to a year) before they finally get the GREEN LIGHT (if ever).

Hence, the PRC is using the withholding of the bank guarantee as a ruse in order to kill the Han Long bid themselves and then position another Chinese bid (say through one of the big steel mills or a company like Minmetals).

If anything, the next bid will be higher. The Chinese know very well by now, the original Han Long 57 cents bid will never get the nod from shareholders.

With a entirely new bid (even at a small premium compared to the original), they also hope it will meet less share holder resistance.

Don't believe me.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.