SRL 0.51% 49.0¢ sunrise energy metals limited

There are certainly different view points on the future price of...

1. 54 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 49

There are certainly different view points on the future price of both Cobalt and Nickel. People who invest in projects like this Nickel laterite one will be banking on the fact that new Nickel Sulphide discoveries are scarce and their current deposits will become depleted over time. That leaves Nickel laterite deposits which are not only more expensive to establish the mine but technically more difficult to run once operational, so there is going to need to be a price incentive for companies to follow that path in future years. One could derive the opinion that this will lead to a situation not to far down the track of a scenario where Nickel and by extension Cobalt supply wont keep up with demand. To meet future demand and to bring new projects online Nickel prices that are currently around 11k per tonne will need to go to 20 or 30 k per tonne to encourage new exploration and investment in Nickel Laterite mines and even then new major mines take up to 7 years to come online. Throw into this mix the Class 1 nickel requirements for batteries and I am sure you could appreciate why some people still believe this mine will be in a good future position if it gets the technology right. 

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
49.0¢
Change
-0.003(0.51%)
Mkt cap ! $44.21M
Open High Low Value Volume
44.5¢ 51.5¢ 44.0¢ $13.01K 27.72K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10000 48.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
49.0¢ 2801 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SRL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.