RAP 0.00% 20.5¢ resapp health limited

From what I understand from the original publications, this was...

1. 169 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    From what I understand from the original publications, this was intended for use in African and 3rd world countries. In fact, this is why it got a seed fund from the Gates Foundation. I can tell confidently that this is not coming to Australia or other developed countries to replace mainstream, gold-standard protocol that is currently in practice. There are number of good reasons for that:
    1) The developed countries have a very strict patient wellbeing policies, this on top of the insurance policies that currently in practice. Nobody can afford to replace a clinically-valid gold-standard protocol with a mobile app, just because it is cheap and easy to apply. No way. 2) Point 1 is based on the assumption that ResApp's validity is confirmed by multiple, independent clinical trials with sample size > +10,000 in total and the app is granted an FDA approval. Obviously, the application is far from satisfying any of these assumptions. (on a sidenote, FDA approval clinically does not mean that the device or app works >> read my other posts to understand what FDA approval means.
    3) Even if the ResApp ticks all the criteria, it can only be introduced as an extra measure into the current diagnosis process.

I'm a neurologist and I hardly have patients suffer from pneomonia - except ALS patients. I would definitely enjoy using an app (be it a software on PC, or App) during examination, would make my life so much easier. However, there are hundreds of ideas like ResApp on the market that are actually trying to be a game changer. But hardly 1 out of 1000 make it to the end, even then, that technology becomes a complementary to what we already do. So, if you ask physician's opinion about technologies like that, they all love it, they will say Yes Yes Yes! Because we love encouraging this type of initiatives. But we also know the hard work involve to develop something from an idea to a mainstream practice. Currently, ResApp appears far from morphing into something that can shift the paradigm in western medicine.

On a sidenote, if you are really and honestly excited by ResApp technology, I would strongly recommend you to get a flight ticket to SanFrancisco, and attend one of the regular investor conferences where they display some really amazing technologies. It would definitely broaden one's horizon so much that you would rate ResApp's tech as a high school science project.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RAP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.