EMC 0.00% 11.0¢ everest metals corporation ltd

The Real Motive, page-8

1. 4,941 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 147
    Hi Anna,

Yes, I found the article quite interesting, but will need to read again before responding.

Interesting to know, however, that with the recent problems in Ivory Coast, the French sent in troops without waiting for any reaction /time to inform the United Nations (etc).

Throughout the 80s' and again in the early -mid 90s', the French did this in Africa, along with the Belgians (at least once).

It used to be that the first anyone knew of a coup in Africa was when the French reported landing scores of troops there.

My point in all this, Iraq and the Middle East situation is a complex, tortured issue, shrouded in politics, competing national agendas, and personal vendettas. Going forward, it may or may not be solved.

Similarly, the United Nations situation is a complex, tortured issue, shrouded in politics, competing national agendas, and personal vendettas. It may or may not arise to solve the world's problems.

But, one thing is for sure - the United Nations /Security Council (in making any decision) is as immersed in politics and competing political interests as that which the US is now being accused of in relation to Iraq.

Remember also, that the only 2 occasions that UN resolutions have properly authorised the sanctioning of force, included the Gulf War, and the Korean police action.

I say, Korean police action because not all of the permanent members were there when the final vote was taken.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EMC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $20.49M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.0¢ 11.0¢ 10.5¢ $28.31K 257.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 194188 11.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.5¢ 69098 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.41pm 12/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EMC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.