MMN macmin silver ltd

the real per oz production cost of twin hills, page-33

1. 568 Posts.
    Raywilks, thanks v much for your comment. You ask:
    "I wonder what your ex commie, now bourgeois capitalist mate, is doing nowadays?"

He went through years of secondary teaching, became a union rep tormenting the school principal, then to full time union work. Last I heard he was heading to Thailand with his Thai wife, probably to set up business in the sex industry - the last, my best guess.
    Yes I think the MMN enterprise is being kept alive by a dream and the traders who are in dont want anyone to wake up till they're out themselves with a profit.

Karo you're crass but I must admit effective.
    A couple of your questions:
    karo says:
    "In the future operational sequence can be tightened. Do you can tell me how much output is installed and how much MMN will need additionally ?"

No I can't, but there'd have to a lot to add dont you think?
    The best rate they can produce so far is the 37,000 ozs in December. This was achieved by running continuous shifts at the electro-winning plant from late November.
    Annualised that's only 440,000 ozs. Their fantasy - the one you give credence to - is an operation producing 180,000 ozs/mth, or 2,160,000 ozs annualised.
    2,160,000 oz fantasy / 440,000 oz best actual = 4.9
    They must consistently raise production to almost 5 times the level of their best recorded month so far to reach their target
    The cost of the extra shift(s) has yet to be felt over a full quarter. We probably wont know the cost of extra screening and crushing, and denser pattern of blasting, and added merrill crowe circuits till end of Sept Qtr I would guess. That's assuming no delays.
    They have another leach pad coming on-line, maybe another after that. Maybe more electro-winning cells, who knows? I'm only guessing.
    But for sure, can you not think that costs will escalate dramatically if they employ the resources necessary to raise production by a multiple of 5 from December's result?
    They will definitely need a lot more resources, more manpower and energy. With more machines, more will go wrong, like the broken jaw crusher and wear and tear on the other crusher. That will be a lot more cost to spread over more ozs. It will not happen that the ozs go up, but the costs stay anywhere near the same.

"And the increasing Silverprice will extinguish the bad unknown news - like more need of man-power, etc"

I believe silver will go up, but as we all know, not in a straight line. That the silver price will absorb all the extra cost of an expanded Macmin operation is a big punt - and I won't believe that until I see it.
    Current production cost is $22.67 /oz, if using Dec's output of 37,000 X 3. It's actually a bit more than that because Oct and Nov's part of the Qtr costs do not include extra E/W shift cost(s)
    And dont forget all the other operational costs that must eventually be paid for from silver sales. In the December Qtr this amounted to $1,483,000, as I read it from the Dec Qtrly cashflow statement. That's costs for exploration, development, administration, finance and interest. So again, if you use Dec's output as representative of a Qtr of production by multiplying by 3, you get:
    $1,483,000 / 111,000ozs = $13.36 of extra cost per oz
    Adding that to production cost per oz :
    $22.67 + $13.36 = $36.03 total operating cost/oz
    So they have to get from $36/oz, down to $12.33/oz to break even - $12.33 being the price per oz of contained silver that they get from sales of powder so far.
    So they have to cut costs per oz to 1/3rd of Dec's Qtr. It's a long way to go.
    Helping them will be any increase in ozs produced. Also any increase in price of silver will mean they have a lower cost target to meet to break even.
    Hindering them will be the increase in total cost to lift production.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MMN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.