the real speed of the economy 890km per hour

1. 1,364 Posts.
    Dear Mr Rudd,

As the majority of your advisors have clearly no concept of how the Australian Economy works and what makes it tick I thought you might want to spend a couple of weeks with me travelling this great land. It is only then that you will see the real speed of the Australian Economy.

As we start our journey at Melbourne Airport on Monday morning I would like you to take note of all the men and women who are taking off their steel cap boots so they can get through the metal detectors.

They are all representatives of your patented Australian social class which you like to call 'Working Families'. Now I know they don't look happy, but fear not, they are sad because they are going off to work. Some are headed to WA, some are headed to QLD, some are headed to SA and some are even off to the NT. They jump on a plane and go to work at 890km per hour.

Now of course they are not the only ones taking up all of those seats on the planes. That is because they have to share the plane with all of those engineers, surveyors, accountants, cooks, etc who are headed off to the same locations that they are.

14months ago, these people represented the bulk of those travelling on the plane. This is because the mining industry was still grinding away in the background, pulling this country out of the mud.

All of those people from different demographic backgrounds travel to work at 890km per hour and back again to spend the money they earn in and around their local community.

You see Mr Rudd, the faster the pace of the mining industry, the more people there are on those planes collecting pay cheques to bring back to their families and communitiy. Take mining away or damage the expansion of the industry and you will take away the pay cheques of your Working Families.

As I am a proactive individual who pays a lot of tax I thought I might offer you a far more logical and electoral friendly approach to unearthing billions in additional revenue.

NATIONALISE ALL THE BANKS - they make billions, send jobs offshore and don't care what they charge the consumer. Just think of all the money you and SWANY could play with then.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Regards,

Mr, Voter

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.