Thank you Madmacs, I am also astonished at the amount of hate...

1. 63 Posts.
    Thank you Madmacs, I am also astonished at the amount of hate and bigotry that is all over this forum, especially from the many pseudo intellectuals that would consider themselves "intelligent" based on their investing knowledge. What I find even more astonishing is the fact that Hot Copper lets these disgusting posts stay on it's forum.

I am 29 years old and have just recently had the good news that I am expecting my first child. Whilst this news has made me extremely happy it has also made it very tough for me to see the humanitarian crisis that is currently happening in the Middle East. I am writing this to you from Amman, Jordan where I am currently working for an NGO that is providing reconstructive surgery to the victims of conflict in Syria, Yemen, Iraq and Gaza and I can tell you from first hand that the portrayals of heartless western hating Muslims are so far from the truth; I have never met a more welcoming people. I would like to say to all those people posting hatred from behind their keyboard, come here and see the disaster that is happening! Come and look a young Syrian girl or boy who has had their face melted off from a barrel bomb and tell them that they have no right to safety or freedom on this planet.

I haven't even seen my child and yet when I relate myself to the parents I see every day at the hospital looking after their children, to the parents of the young boy that drowned in the Mediterranean and to parents fleeing a warzone with their children, I find it extremely distressing and it breaks my heart. I cannot understand how ANYBODY that has children can be so horrible and cruel towards these people.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.