DBT9 you quoted what the verse actually says: "evidence of...

1. 23,134 Posts.
    DBT9 you quoted what the verse actually says: "evidence of things not seen". It does not say no evidence of things not seen.

That misses my point. I didn't say or even suggest that the verse states ''no evidence of things not seen. '

I said the second sentence is related to the first....and not to external evidence.

To break it down like this;
    1) Now faith is the substance of things hoped for...
    2) [faith] the evidence of things not seen.
    3) Faith is the substance and evidence of things not seen.
    4) Faith is the 'evidence'/justification for believing in 'things not seen''

As you can see, objective, verifiable evidence is not a prerequisite for faith. Faith being its own justification.

''Did you not read that it was reported up to 500 people saw the resurrected Jesus.( 1 Corinthians 15:6) That these ones were prepared to put their lives on the line to testify of this fact cannot be denied. That there were many others that went to extremes in trying to silence this testimony is also a fact of history that cannot be expunged. Ample evidence indeed to base ones faith on. Gullibility is a belief held without the support of evidence. The Bible definition of faith on the other hand requires evidence.''

This is not verifiable evidence. We are simply told that '500 hundred people' saw the resurrected Jesus by writer, Paul, who had never met Jesus and was not a witness himself. We have no first hand witness accounts, or access to witnesses.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.