all ages will be dealing with AI companions atm and the...

1. 81,470 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    all ages will be dealing with AI companions atm and the popularity will be growing massively.

Most on here would know that I've been talking about massive social change coming from robotic life companions in the future when robots become indistinguishable from biological humans.

I began writing about VR about 25 years ago. But, what I missed was the takeup of AI companions - I missed the strength of it and the addictive side of it. I thought we'd have to wait for something in physical form.

ATM - it's being taken up by young mostly and male mostly - about 2 or 3 to 1, male to female. Young mostly, but older are moving towards it and are absolutely ripe for it - as are young men.

I have been discussing it where I am with a range of people and what most think is that it's not to be played with, not unless one is well informed and makes a clear decision first - in the knowledge that this is probably one of the most addictive things one can engage in.

Normally with tech, I try much of it. I will not go anywhere near AI companions because of the risk of addiction.

IMO, if people think that social media is addictive - if people think that the power of pull of watching those silly leading videos on Facebook is addictive - the ones that show people or animals doing funny things - and they go from one to the other -

if people understand how addictive that kind of thing is - then, IMO ---------- AI companions will leave all of it in the dust for addiction.

and we're not even talking about a physical robot. Not yet.

for refs. - one can just google AI companions etc. ------- for what's out there - just go to app stores on a phone and type AI -

you will see what kind of thing is available - sprinkled through things like writing apps - you'll see lots of personal AI friends -

but, my suggestion is ------------ don't, for gods sake download any. I think it might be as powerful as injecting something into your arm that someone gave you just - to try.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.