VRC 12.5% 0.5¢ volt resources limited

the revolution which isn't happening....

1. 21,239 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    title refers to electric vehicles replacing conventional vehicles.

If you look at all stocks focussed around lithium, graphite, cobalt they haven't exactly been sparkling in their performance in recent times. Many showed an initial large increase in value (lucky for those who happened to be already on board) but since then it's been a decline for even the biggest of them.

It can be argued that EV's are the transport of the future but I happen to think that 'future' has arrived too early.

If the EV market really was about to experience a boom then why haven't the stocks involved maintained their momentum? why haven't these stocks been able to turn their exploration into productive mines? because they are not getting the funding required...
    Looking at VRC it's fallen from 15c to 4c. Only those trapped in this stock, and many others like it, would consider that any upturn is just around the corner. Most industry commentators expect a shakeout in all these opportunistic bubble stocks in lithium, graphite with only the biggest and best surviving.

IMO it's all a long way in the future for these stocks and EV's. Take a look around your supermarket carparks and what do you see? no EV revolution that's for sure. They are currently too expensive and the battery which powers them has a very limited life span (7 to 10 years?) depending on how they are driven and then they must be expensively replaced ($15,000 to $10,000). Not the vehicle for struggling families then?

I'm happy to be shot down if you think I've got it all wrong - but the market is definitely saying someting about all stocks reliant on a booming new EV industry - I just don't think this is the right time for such things.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VRC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.001(12.5%)
Mkt cap ! $18.71M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.4¢ $21.48K 5.130M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
36 21032079 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 2989071 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.43pm 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VRC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.