BNL 0.00% 0.4¢ blue star helium limited

The Rise of Helium..., page-23

1. 960 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 137
    Not sure i'd go along with the comparison with oil ... Sure, all resources tend have a fixed supply, but it's increasingly clear that petro demand likely to decline indefinitely at the same time that technology (shale, fracking etc) allows more efficient recovery of what is there ... and what is there is going to stay there forever until extracted (although technically i guess the supply is actually increasing slightly as eons pass!)

Helium appears to be a very different market with existing supply naturally depleting into space and a growing demand.

Having said that, i'm very sceptical that any particular trading 'strategy ... nearly always works' ... if it did, we would all be inclined to follow it, causing it not to work any more. Alternatively, the strategy would rapidly be built into trading software and become redundant even faster !

But i do entirely agree with you about transparency and post-market-close ASX activity. Yesterday was an extreme example for BNL.

A while ago (on this stock maybe) i asked the forum for some explanation of this effect ... in particular, tiny trades that moved the closing price ... can't recall receiving any enlightening responses then ... but i'll try again to expand my knowledge ...

I understand perfectly the need for ASX (or any) system to have pre- and post-market periods where transactions received inside the trading period are processed outside the actual trading period. This is a straightforward IT task and, assuming every transaction is time-stamped, it's easy to apply these transactions in the correct sequence, produce a net result for any orders still in the pipeline when the clock ticked 4:00. A simple 'back-order' situation.

My difficulty is understanding the timing. My only source of data is the Commsec 'course of sales' page ... and the transactions yesterday were all of course time-stamped post-4pm.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Were these transactions actually received by ASX after market close ... that doesn't sound right ... or does the time-stamp published by Commsec refers to the time that transactions were processed in 'catch-up' mode?

There seems to be a similar 'pre-open' picture, with transactions time-stamped earlier than 10am.

ps Yes, i did attempt to ask Commsec tech support what their data represents and yes i did not get a reply!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BNL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $9.724M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.4¢ $2.292K 582.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
56 52207084 0.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.4¢ 11824811 17
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BNL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.