IMU 1.85% 5.3¢ imugene limited

The road to a US$3B market cap

1. 1,516 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1899
    Dr Fong made a number of pertinent observations in the video presentation - Killing Cancer with Viruses?, published July 2019. Its apt, on the back of the failure of Pexa-Vec, to choose just one;

"The viruses currently in human trials are just too safe..barely infected and kill cancer" - 2:25 minute mark.

FierceBiotech have run a story published August 2, on Pexa-Vec, the Transgene and SillaJen's oncolytic virus, currently in a Phase 3 liver cancer trial. Well it was, but notification has come through that the trial was stopped early for futility. Of course, that's not to say it didn't work but it didn't work well enough in relation to current treatment options.

Do we throw our hands up in the air and say what hope is there for Imugene's oncolytic virus platform. Hardly, the failure of the Phase 3 trial for Pexa-Vec simply highlights the opportunity for a more virulent cancer killing virus. I haven't researched the reasons for the failure of the Pexa-Vec trial, and in fact they are probably unknown at this stage, but I'm betting Dr Fong is correct in his assessment that the viruses currently in human trials are just too safe.

So how do we get on the road towards a US$3B market cap? The author of the article in FierceBiotech stated that SillaJen alone had gained a $3 billion market cap largely on the potential of Pexa-Vec. I guess its more a railway track than a road but Pexa-Vec has highlighted where the Onco Express could take an OV that lives up its promise.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.3¢
Change
-0.001(1.85%)
Mkt cap ! $389.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.5¢ 5.6¢ 5.3¢ $615.0K 11.39M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
25 2977440 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.4¢ 283236 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.