AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

The Road to Manono

1. 2,127 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5743
    I’m starting this thread as a place to put down information on the infrastructure developments around Manono, in particular, transportation.  Transportation is a key issue for any project's feasibility and there really is a lot going on around Manono which investors should know.  I know that information exists in various places on these forums but it’s begging to be collected and organized into one place.

Special thanks to gaintpaperclips (especially for the links!), 8horse and many others for sharing the sources and information for the rest of us.  

A lot of the source for this material is from the facebook/twitter pages of Thomas Luhaka Losend who is the Minister of Infrastructure and Public Works and in particular Agence Congolaise Des Grands Travaux who coordinate major works in the greater Katanga region.  It’s all in French but Google translate does a pretty good job in translation.  I’ve put my comments in bracketed italics.  Sometimes the names are mixed up and I've had to work out what is what.  Any mistakes are my own but I think you will find it's worth the effort.

Below is a map of the much-discussed road from Luambo to Manono with villages dotted along its path.  On the following post begins a fun adventure of discovery about these locations.

map_main.png

A good starting point for our journey is a recent inspection of the road by Thomas Luhaka Losend which started in Luambo and made its way north.

DECEMBER 9, 2017

Pour la 4 eme étape de sa tournée dans l’ancienne province du Katanga, le ministre des itpr thomas Luhaka a visité la route provinciale 617 qui va de Lwambo à Mitwaba puis Manono. La firme chinoise Crec 7 a déjà réhabilités les 160 premier kilomètres de cette route dont 21 ont été construit en enduit monocouche.
    Les détails dans ce reportage.
    Accompagné de ses principaux collaborateur dont le Dg de l’agence congolaise des Grand travaux maitre d’ouvrage délégué sur ce projet et le DGA de l’office des routes gestionnaire de cet axe, le ministre des ITPR thomas Luhaka a mis le cap ce vendredi 8 décembre sur la route provinciale 617 qui connecte le haut Katanga au Lualaba puis à la province du haut Lomami.
    Le 21 premiers kilomètres ont été réalisés en enduit monocouche par la firme crec 7 et le resultat est appréciable. Après le village Mpande la route continue mais cette fois en terre battue. Bien rechargée et compactée idéalement, on y roule jusque à 100 kilomètre /heure.
    À l’étape de Bunkeya, le ministre Luhaka a apprécié la construction de la voirie en enduit monocouche. Cette cité à vraiment gagné en valeur avec ses route ainsi stabilisées a dit le ministre.
    Poursuivant son périple, le ministre Luhaka a parcouru les 60 kilomètres qui séparent Bunkeya de Dikuluwe. Ici, un nouveau pont a été jeté à côté de l’ancien sur la rivière du même nom. Inspectant l’ouvrage sous la conduite de Charles Médard Ilunga, le ministre a apprécié le caractère définitif de ce pont.
    Les travaux de construction de cette route vont se poursuivre après le village Kyubo localisé au point kilométrique 160 à l’arrivée de la prochaine saison sèche.

For The 4th stage of his tour in the former katanga province, the minister of des Thomas Luhaka visited the 617 provincial road (road name to remember) from lwambo (Luambo in Goggle) to mitwaba and puis. The Chinese Firm Crec 7 has already rehabilitated the 160 first kilometres of this road, 21 of which have been built in single-layer coats.
    Details in this report.
    Together with its main collaborators, including the Directorate-General of the congolese agency for the great works of this project and the dga of the office of roads management of this axis, the minister of des Thomas Luhaka Set the course on Friday 8 December on the provincial highway 617 which connects high katanga to lualaba and then to the province of upper lomami.
    The First 21 kilometres were made in single-layer coats by LA 7 and the result is appreciable. After the village mpande (Pande in Google) the road continues but this time in the ground. Well recharged and compacted ideally, we drive up to 100 km / hour. (so even after Pande, the road is good quality though lacking bitumen).
    At the étape stage (by the time they reached Bunkeya), minister luhaka appreciated the construction of a single-layer coating. This city really won in value with its steady road, said the minister.
    In Pursuit of his journey, minister luhaka travelled the 60 kilometres separating bunkeya from dikuluwe. Here, a new bridge was thrown next to the old one on the river of the same name. Inspecting the book under the leadership of Charles Médard Ilunga, the minister appreciated the final character of this bridge.
    Construction of this road will continue after the village located at mile 160 at the arrival of the next dry season.

Ministers convoy along sealed road (provincial road 617).
    post1.jpg

post1_1.jpg

New bridge at Dikuluwe with the Google satellite image of the old one seen to the left of the new bridge (2008 image).  
    post1_2.jpg

post1_3.jpg

Bridge under construction in a June 10, 2017 post.

post1_4.jpg

More to come soon!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.