AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

If the terminal arrival departure road is 400 odd meters long I...

1. 1,407 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 846
    If the terminal arrival departure road is 400 odd meters long I would anticipate the transport equation is something like this:

The containers shown in the photo were dry export containers, they would carry 40 tonne each and should be around 6-8 meters long. Trains stretch, so it is not an exact equation on length and weight.

You are looking at a maximum 40 container train, 1,600 tonne max loading.

It would require 2x locomotives running dual pipe, with a third traveling powered off incase the lead locomotive broke down, not exactly the kind of location you would want to stop a train for too long. If the locomotives were not of quality, flur locomtoves may be required. I would expect the locomotive in the photo would need to have a triple locomotive setup.

A double ended cab would be best, for the turn around at Dar Es Salaam but also in situations where the line is blocked or there is an issue with the train and it needs to be sent back to Manono.

Depending on the length of train, it may take some time and not be a straight run through to Dar Es Salaam.

There are other mining operations in the area that in time would likely make use of the rail so either a water tight access agreement is sown up off the bat or we accept delays attributed to this along the way - including when another businesses haulage blocks our own from getting to Port. The agreement should stipulate financial penalties for tonnage not reaching destination within an agreed maximum delivery time.

The longer the train, the fewer options for "side tracking" the train in a station loop along the way. If the train is loaded, security would possibly need to travel with the train unless loaded freight is given absolute priority.

I work closely with rail and have written directly to AVZ to offer my expertise, however they did not write back.
    Last edited by theghostwithin: 03/01/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.