PUA 0.00% 0.3¢ peak minerals limited

the robert emmett cross course

1. 5,428 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    I've been researching this Hill End orebody for a few days, in between other jobs. The structure gets mentioned in quite a number of HEG ASX releases but mining the Robert Emmett Cross Course has a long history.

I found this historical piece while trawling the internet. It's from "The Sydney Mail" July 23 1892. Author: an unknown “special commissioner”

“ …..The reef slewed East so as to form an angle, which stretched right across four acres of ground. At 70ft., where the Robert Emmett got the vein, there were specimens of great richness discovered. The yield of gold was equal to some of the best things on old Hawkin’s Hill and the news was telegraphed all over the colony……. What interested me most in connection with the ground was that there were visible on the surface immense blocks of micaceous and pyriteous stuff taken from a fair depth. I was told that there are immense veins of this, and that so strongly is it impregnated with gold that the manager of the Clyde works offers £10 per ton for it delivered at the shaft head. It needs no crushing; when exposed to the weather for a while it will crumble away, and a few blows of a mallet will reduce the biggest lump to powder.”

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PUA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.