ERA 5.56% 3.4¢ energy resources of australia limited

A small bit of confusion . . . make sure you understand what is...

1. 11,103 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 681
    A small bit of confusion . . . make sure you understand what is going on!

You have the opportunity to buy 12 shares for every 7 you own, if you owned or bought shares last week.

Today ERA is trading Ex-Entitlement. If you buy today - you will NOT get an opportunity to buy any shares (12 for 7) at $1.53 via the offer on the new shares.

There are really two parts to the offer - the institutional part, and the retail (non institutional) part.

Today the result of the institutional bookbuild (IBB) was published. A boodbuild is pretty much an auction. As the IBB was priced at $2 - institutional investors who did not take up their entitlement to shares at $1.53 will get $0.47 for each share not taken up.

If you want to take up your "retail offer" shares at $1.53 - you need to get your payment in (booklet with details coming) by the close of the offer which is the 9/11/11. If you do not take up your shares at $1.53 - there will be a retail bookbuild (RBB) (auction) on about the 14/11/11 of all the "retail" shares not taken up. You will get whatever the resulting price of the auction is, minus the $1.53.

So if the auction result is $1.53 or less - you get nothing. If it is $2 (same as the IBB) - you will get 47cents for every share you did not take up. So for every 7 shares you have, you will get 12 x 47c = $5.64 in the unlikely event the bookbuild is $2 again. Obviously the price will most likely be different.

Retail investors will not get any opportunity to take part in the bookbuild, or to subscribe for extra shares at $1.53 via the offer. (Different story if the share-price falls to this price and you can buy on market.

bpay
    I haven't seen the rulebook yet - but usually you can take up your offer via bpay - and can pay in the afternoon of the close of the offer (9/11/11 I believe). Just be aware that your bank may have a limit on the size of your daily bpay payments, and this could stuff you up. From memory - one of my Westpac accounts allows me to bpay $25k, and another one only allows $10k in one day. I have an ANZ account that allows bpay of $50k for some reason.

Disclaimer : Another thing - I believe they can change the rules if they want to - and do you own research to double check what I have told you if it is important that you get this right - don't rely on anybody else - the detailed rules (offer booklet) comes out within the next few days.

2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ERA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.4¢
Change
-0.002(5.56%)
Mkt cap ! $753.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.6¢ 3.8¢ 3.4¢ $39.62K 1.121M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 261105 3.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.5¢ 25612 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ERA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.