Hindsight made easy I know , but just reading though the thread...

1. 3,796 Posts.
    Hindsight made easy I know , but just reading though the thread , No one would ever " flog " St .kilda . The three games they lost were all tight .

The defensive element is strong . Unfortunately a really skilled forward line could not come up with the goods .

The outdoor element with rain I personally felt would play into St.kildas hands , they have worked incredibly hard outdoors for this moment . Ross Lyon had worked that part of it to Death .

Its incredibly dissapointing .. And I dont think emotionally I could go though another season like this one , I did it easier in 97 and to think 12 years have passed since then !! ..Its so long ago I didnt even quite have any of GTPs beautiful trees ..lol .

Ross Lyon in my view has been great for the Club , and I really liked this post match statement , said it all really . Had he had the kind of lists Grant Thomas took into a couple of seasons we may have done okey .

I will say this ..if Grand Final series were best of three ..Geelong would almost certainly beat us again next week , and thats the Crux of it , we really were just not quite good enough .. you need to present when opportunities arise , and it the heat of battle with all the play instead of being 7 goals in front we were holding on by 7 points , this was a belief factor not a physical factor .

Come second ..may as well finish 4 th .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.