FAR 0.50% 49.5¢ far limited

redal I also had that same feeling when Sooloo first appeared as...

1. 16,279 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 402
    redal

I also had that same feeling when Sooloo first appeared as a defined prospect and the extension of SNE. Even though I fully agree with Whisky's assessment that there was always previously a separation between Samo and SNE (on "pictures or graphical representations" anyway) I think that the emergence of Sooloo (presumably from further 3D analysis) could have been better explained by FAR. Particularly as at the same time FAR was stating that failure at Samo would not affect COS at Sooloo. Once again I know that should be thge explaination right there but it did make me feel that FAR was covering themselves in terms of future prospects to drill even if Samo is a failure ... and there had to date been only EXTREMELY positive commentary on Samo ... a certainty even!!

Another part of what we have had to "interpret" is the water cut ... previous representations have shown a ever so slightly lower water cut (prognosed) at Samo than SNE right on the Senegal/The Gambia border. Now SNE extends into The Gambia and comprises a separate structure/reservoir to what is in Samo. Of course the change in water cut at the border was always arbitrary and its no surprise that SNE continues south. And we know that different sand reservoirs in the 4000 series are targeted in Sooloo and Samo (and at Bambo different again).

I know that Whisky will say all the information is there in the presentations (seismics, graphics, reservoir sands etc). But I would be happier that I have a handle on all the facts if somewhere it was clearly stated (rather than us having to interpret graphical representations), and it may have been stated verbally (if my scenario is correct), that the Sooloo reservoirs (i.e SNE sands) lie above the sands being targeted at Samo and all that has been added to FAR's understanding is that the boundary between the two prospects has moved further south than the border (or rather they are now admitting that it does). Otherwise it could look like they were wrong to start with ... which does not inspire confidence!

AS you can see from the above endless "speculating" on what FAR is actually saying leads to confusion. Which is also not good for confidence on the eve of the grand Samo adventure!

H

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
49.5¢
Change
-0.003(0.50%)
Mkt cap ! $45.74M
Open High Low Value Volume
50.0¢ 50.3¢ 49.5¢ $74.71K 149.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 37432 49.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
51.0¢ 202895 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.