MLM 23.5% 2.1¢ metallica minerals limited

the scandium story

1. 138 Posts.
    So I have been looking at this stock (MLM) as well as the other potential Scandium startup Jervois Mining (JRV) who owns another Scandium deposit in a JV with EMC of Canada.

As part of the research, I have 2 questions to ask longer term investors in MLM.

Do you believe the Scandium story? It's almost like the rare earths story, one of potential spike in demand coupled with a severe lag in supply. But how true is it?

- There are currently no primary producing mines of Scandium in the world. The only places producing it are from some Cold War era stockpiles in Russia, and as a by-product in some rare earths mines.

- It's been said that applications for Scandium metal are bountiful and the only reason they don't exist right now is because of supply constraints.

> But these are my concerns:
    > If there really are so many potential uses, why has no one developed Scandium mines already? Why haven't these existing producers ramped up production? Either the uses are highly speculative, or adequate alternatives exist currently to not require greater quantities of Scandium. For example, I read that the aluminium-scandium alloy used in jets can be more cheaply replaced by the equally effective titanium alloy.
    > There appears to be no major mounting existing use for Scandium. This is unlike rare earths, for which there is a clearly operational and burgeoning market.
    > Scandium is currently used in such low quantities, and the current supply/demand situation is quite happy, don't you think that focusing on creating a 40-150tpa Scandium oxide mine is a bit speculative?

Compared to the Jervois/EMC Nyngan deposit, which will come online first? I read somewhere that potential customers have approached Jervois/EMC in regards to their mine, so there may be potential sales here. Has the same happened for MLM? If the Nyngan deposit comes online first, unless there is an explosion in the demand for Scandium then there will be no economic room for MLM.

I'd love to hear your comments and any information which may shed light on these issues. Thanks!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MLM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.1¢
Change
0.004(23.5%)
Mkt cap ! $20.15M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.7¢ 2.1¢ 1.7¢ $35.52K 1.886M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 150000 2.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.2¢ 300000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.36pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MLM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.