CYP 8.20% 28.0¢ cynata therapeutics limited

The Science Will Do The Talking, page-6

1. 1,970 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1163
    I think he is kind of right "CYP is 2D with hopes of 3D".

To produce enough cells for an OA trial takes a lot of cells but that could be done with 2D cultures
    and sufficient lead time to build up some inventory - but if you actually wanted to treat large numbers of OA suffers with MSC you'd use 3D cultures as well as cymerus I believe because in practice that would get your costs down more than cymerus alone. You still want the maximum amount of potent MSCs at the end regardless of how you get there. The big expansion is in the iPSC to MCA stage - but there still needs to be a lot of cells going from MCA to MSC if you want to treat large numbers - that's not a high passage number but a very large number of cases of one MCA going on to produce lots of MSCs.

I took a look at the Waisman Biotech website recently - they have a floor plan and a description of their cell manufacturing facilities - I don't think they have 3D bioreactors in there at all yet.

Doesn't mean they can't. Doesn't mean CYP cells won't be able to make use of 3D tech. Just means they haven't yet.

I'm trying to be fair here. Logistically to deliver cells to clinics in large numbers you need to have inventory. A lot of inventory. It wouldn't make sense for Waisman Biotech to manufacture 50 litre batches of MSCs for instance way ahead of the need for that sort of inventory because the media costs would be very expensive.

I don't know exactly how mesenchymal angioblast derived cells which form colonies will be disaggregated so they can be dispersed through microcarriers (but I imagine they will be able to) and so the MSCs that grow on any microcarrier beads floated in the media should be like other MSCs.

There is some procedural stuff I can't remember CYP having ever reported having done yet - and proving the cells grow in 3D bioreactors as opposed to relatively large scale 2D gear is part of that. I expect that CYP cells will be able to grow in 3D because they are MSCs and cells - they aren't particularly special in the sense that they need to be able to adhere to something at one stage of the process to grow and not to adhere at another stage - but those things should be solvable by 3D processes that aren't CYP specific. But I don't believe they've been done yet.

I could be wrong. But I'm seeing some of what barman76 is saying as not completely wrong. Maybe I've joined with him in error here. But I don't think so.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CYP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
28.0¢
Change
-0.025(8.20%)
Mkt cap ! $50.29M
Open High Low Value Volume
30.5¢ 30.5¢ 28.0¢ $17.16K 60.37K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 900 27.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
28.0¢ 1400 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CYP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.