I respect your view debono and recognise your right to hold......

1. 42,250 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    I respect your view debono and recognise your right to hold... mostly because I perceive you are genuine and not going for 5 mins of fame - unlike Mark Latham.

I am no scientist, merely well-read on some sciences. If I was a scientist I probably would never have become an investor. Yet the science is relatively easy to understand with all the fabulous access we have these days. Even so I've been following this debate for 30 years.

Its not easy to pick a winner on the market... I've had to study hard and learn a new language. Neither is it easy to pick true scientific reports from the plethora of fake science and rabble-rousing myth exploiters. Yet its worth the trouble to understand because its the future that is going to be worse because of global warming. Once understood, the relatively simple physics of GHGs in the atmosphere and the oceans, the impacts become obvious - increasing volatility and extreme weather events such as we have recently experienced, and are being experienced all around the world, will be exponentially more severe. This is not some computer modelling, but simply the physics.

I admit I lost my normal temper with the posting of Latham's views and reacted badly. Yet such nonsense which ignores the observations of increasing consequences of climatic volatility is dangerous. The political repercussions of misinformation have caused our Lib Govts to ignore the general global consensus of the need for action to reduce emissions. Even John Howard recognised the truth of global warming, why can't Morrison.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.