the screams you hear, page-34

1. 830 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 149
    Hi Kingy,

I think enough has been said on the clearance rates:

RP data has it at 62% from a quite small number of auctions.

If you want to draw conclusions from the increased clearance I will draw conclusions from the significantly reduced median.

As for immigration, I'm not sure as to what you are on about: The department of immigration has this to say

'After having peaked at 315 700 persons for the year ending December 2008, the annual level of net overseas
    migration has since fallen for nine successive quarters. The preliminary estimate for the year ending March
    2011 is 167 100 persons. The official forecast of the Department of Immigration and Citizenship is that it will
    remain at about the same level for the year ending September 2011, at 177 400 persons. If accurate, this
    would mean that for the first time since 2005–06 the level of net overseas migration is lower than the number
    of permanent residence places made available in the same period under the Migration and Humanitarian
    Programs'

Is this a positive? I like the last sentence best.

Any comment?

Always good to do some research before you post, huh?

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/publications/statistics/trends-in-migration/trends-in-migration-2010-11.pdf

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.