NEU 3.16% $13.18 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

The Second Brain

1. 968 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 353
    I appreciate that everyone is busy and waiting for a certain announcement but in the meantime I think if people have some capacity, they should listen to a podcast that I found on iTunes. It is an ABC podcast called all in the mind and the episode is called "The Second Brain" from 17 January 2016.

It is a fascinating episode and talks (in part) about Cytokines and how the regulation of inflammation is essentially the key to dealing with issues in the body.

The premise is that many inflammatory conditions such as Dementia, Parkinson's, Autism, Alzheimer's etc have more to do with the stomach than we have been led to believe and that the stomach goes a long way to regulating the bodies ability to deal with inflammatory responses/reactions.

The whole podcast is interesting (As is the next episode which I have just started) but the really interesting point is that the expert admits quite early on that their have been consistent failures in science to develop treatments for inflammation in the brain - you can see where I am going with this... and that as a result they have been looking elsewhere and by chance realised the connection with the gut.

Worth a listen.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.