In which case it seems that when Jung refers to God/the Self, he...

1. 6,264 Posts.
    In which case it seems that when Jung refers to God/the Self, he is referring to a higher part in a man as distinct from the everyday "wordly ego" ... and certainly not the Creator of The Universe except as a corresponding macrocosm.

I think Jung is referring to the part of the human unconscious—the personal unconscious that merges with the collective unconscious that is another name for the Self or Divine or God

Again, perhaps here Jung is speaking of the need for a connection to be established through enhanced consciousness between the "ego" and this higher Self.

The ego allows us to be aware of some of what is happening because the ego is restricted to time and space—4 dimensions.

By limiting the conscious thought processes to time and space then we have a means of distinguishing the past from the present and be aware there is also a future we will eventually encounter

The Self or Divine or God cannot think like we do with our ego because the Self or the Divine or God is not bounded by time and space.

As a result –the past present and future is jumbled.

God knows all---- but God cannot articulate anything in a rational way—the human ego can however make sense by unpacking the info into past present and future categories

The Self can only be heard and become an influence through this connection. In this sense, "God cannot be aware without sentient creatures like us" does not refer to the Creator God but our relation to the "inner God"/Self.

I don’t think there is an inner God—maybe we can deal with one God at a time!

IMO there is one God as this is the substrate that allows the human psyche and that of all living creatures to function.

Simple creatures use the underlying intelligence in a manner we call instinct. Humans would have a combination of instinct and the ego

I agree we are connected to God because our personal unconscious is merged with the collective unconscious Hence we are connected to God at all times

Maybe, it then follows that this higher Self also has a connection with an even higher realm and so in this sense, Man can be a conduit for the passage of energy between two levels.

However, without the knowledge and practice of making the lower connection, it is just theory, speculation and daydreams.

I’m not sure of the higher energy—one God at a time is my limit!

For example, perhaps the practice of this was a key part of the teaching that Jesus imparted to his closest disciples which is not in the Bible (as mentioned in the John Gospel). No doubt this would also have been passed on to the early followers in turn, but quickly faded as the religion spread and became diluted and popular. All that was left was the idea of God and the need to "obey" God, be a "witness" and help bring the "Kingdom of God" to Earth etc.

How to actually do this in practice was forgotten in all the popular strands that became mainstream Christianity and replaced with ideas such as "through faith" and "Jesus died for our sins".

Not sure of the basis behind these statements—maybe you can unpack this information a bit more
    Last edited by Rappa: 09/01/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.