''yet immigration is the angle chosen by the far right to push...

1. 86,922 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    ''yet immigration is the angle chosen by the far right to push their cause. thats my reasoning. dunno if it right, and yes CoL is a major force for dissatisfaction with moderate governance.''

it's the emotional tug - and with some cause. I strongly recommend a visit to the immigration museum in Paris

after the games - I want to go back and have a long slow look again. It paints a picture of immigration waves - huge ones. And it shows how the politics moves with the times and in the waves - and one sees some of the reasons why the emotion gets involved.

But, underlying a lot of it is economy -- cost of living. Stress or no stress from making it from month to month.

And it seems that the two are not really intertwined in cause - they are coincidental -

BUT - people see the coincidence as cause. Then, chuck in the odd crime - particularly violent crimes from immigrants (which is why I said, 'some cause' - which stand out because people are different - and it's a toxic mix for reaction. - one can't get more toxic than Hitler and Nazi. They fed and grew on cost of living, poverty, then threw in Jews and communists as the cause of it all. (how did that one work out for everyone).

It's a very complex story from what I saw and read - so, I haven't written much about it, because it can't be a quick meme job or 50 words - it's way too complex. So much so, that I've been dwelling on it for months and want to go back for a second look. There's a lot written about it of course, but cumbersome reading and one would have to get the books and get them in English, in my case.
    Last edited by pintohoo: 15/06/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.