The shame of Nauru, page-309

1. 480 Posts.
    Assumptions? Glass houses. I just said it sounds that way. You must truly have no ability to observe yourself. A man who is offended by hypocrites.

Your initial posts indicated you were more offended by the hypocritical latte sippers than alleged abuse in an Australian detention facility. Sounds like you've got your priorities straight? You were also spouting the classic nonsensical argument about why bother when there is a billion other problems. Then you told me that if I wanted change I needed to do the heavy lifting, as though I can't oppose my governments desire to gag whistle blowers unless I personally visit Nauru. I tried to tell you these arguments were rubbish. Then you basically generalised who I was and made a barrage of assumptions about how I act and what I do.

It sounds to me like you've thought of all the reasons you shouldn't bother, to justify your own inability to take action or speak up. You also take great pride in not bothering. Wouldn't want to be one of those greenies standing up against alleged child abuse now would we? Stop worrying about everyone's team and your preconceived idea of how they play. What about the actual issue itself. I have no interest in repeating the previous governments boat and detention centre shambles, but that doesn't mean I have to follow Tony Abbott all the way down this dark dirty hole. We live in a society where the government acts in accordance with the majority public wishes (mostly), so to vocally oppose or stand against something is to take action.

You say you don't care, but you spare a little energy to be upset about those lefty hypocrites. I'm telling you to be upset about something that really matters.

We clearly don't see eye to eye on this and even if a little bit of what I've said got through I wouldn't expect you to acknowledge it.
    I respect that you care for your family and friends, that is everyone's first priority, that you donate to worthy causes is great. But you seem to have the expectation that for someone to stand for something they must forgo all these priorities in order for their concerns to be valid, I would say you're setting the bar rather high for someone who acknowledges the importance of family.

I basically just wish people would stop worrying about which party they follow or which team they play for and acknowledge and take a stand when an issue is clearly morally wrong. These gag orders are morally wrong, stop worrying about how you'll be seen if you say so.

I really have to leave this thread, go ahead and lay the boots in, I know you will. Be sure to sign off with a smug "take care".

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.