ATH 11.1% 0.4¢ alterity therapeutics limited

I have no understanding why this kind of a deal was ever made,...

1. 2,789 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 970
    I have no understanding why this kind of a deal was ever made, even approved unanimously by the directors. I just wonder if somebody could help me to understand this kind of deal. The cost of getting everything done is big and earlier corresponding deals have been done at a much higher level than the market price. This is some kind of a favor to somebody, who could very well buy these shares from the market without the big bureaucratic hassle.

Here is now what is on resolution 7 as an "explanatory memorandum" which does not explain why this was done.

"The securities were issued to unrelated sophisticated, professional and other investors exempt from the
    disclosure requirements of Chapter 6D of the Corporations Act who were identified by the Company.
    • The total number of securities issued was 9,543,840 fully paid ordinary shares.
    • The shares issued will have the same terms and rights as, and will rank equally with, the Company’s other
    fully paid ordinary shares.
    • The shares were issued on 21 September 2022 and an Appendix 2A was released to ASX on 23 September
    • The shares were issued at $0.0135 (0.0135 cents) per share.
    • Approximately A$128,842 before costs was raised from the issue of the shares the subject of Resolution 7.
    • A voting exclusion for Resolution 7 is contained in the Notice accompanying this Memorandum.
    The Directors unanimously recommend shareholders vote in favour of Resolution 7".

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
-0.001(11.1%)
Mkt cap ! $20.98M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.4¢ $14.55K 3.241M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
62 71906262 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 32338803 25
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ATH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.