PDN 1.44% $11.66 paladin energy ltd

the short term danger could be

1. 875 Posts.
    The sp has been heading south for a while and I reckon the short term danger could be contained within the recent announcement, but not given adequate explanation or more importantly, quantification.

Here's the statement ...
    Unanticipated delays and seasonal cancellations of vessels from Walvis Bay (Namibia) have
    caused a temporary misalignment between delivery destinations during the ramp up phase.
    Paladin is in the process of making suitable commercial arrangements in accordance with
    standard industry practice to ensure all delivery obligations are met to our customers'
    satisfaction.

Interesting terminology .............. "temporary misalignment" ........... that would mean "failed to fulfill delivery

and then ...........
    "making suitable commercial arrangements in accordance with standard industry practice to ensure all delivery obligations are met" ............. does this mean PDN are buying at spot to cover short deliveries?

Now all this is total assumption on my part so read a very big CAUTION sign here with what I am about to say , but .......... if PDN forward sold on contracts tsruck some months ago this could mean a selling price of US$80lb or something. If they then had a shortfall of 130,000lbs they may be paying US$130 to cover non-delivery.
    That would be $6,500,000 of negative turnaround in revenue. Just pure speculation and guessometrics but there's smoke billowing from PDN.

They have hosed down other fires around power supply issues and current production so where is the fire that's burning up the sp.?????????

wdyt?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$11.66
Change
-0.170(1.44%)
Mkt cap ! $3.487B
Open High Low Value Volume
$11.80 $11.89 $11.49 $34.10M 2.930M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10 $11.66

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$11.67 6642 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.