DJIA 0.31% 26,683 dow jones industrials

not convinced it was shorters last night because the volume...

1. 2,463 Posts.
    not convinced it was shorters last night because the volume didnt seem that much higher on dow or sp500 - maybe it would be if looked at individual finance stox

However no matter what any analysis says - it will be hard to convince people its not shorters doing it.

I do reckon a middle of the road approach should be taken and reintroduce the uptick rule in the US. That would at least go some way to controlling them. I was previously totally against short selling but have mellowed a bit to it provided it is done legitimatley. If you the hedgies think a share price is going to fall they should offer their borrowd stock for sale - but not dump it onto the buyers like they do.

I think anyone who suggests that sanding at the top of a sell queue dumping buckets of stock onto buyers until they are exhausted is price discovrey is either naive or defending a self interest. It certainly enhances liquidity without a doubt but thats just a bs argument. When they do that it is flat out price manipulation nothing more and nothing less - and if they reintroduced the uptick rule and could police it - and with electronic gizmos as they are these days it could be policed - then they would be free to sell borrowed stock if they truly beleived the price was going to fall but might be more reluctant if they couldnt swamp the buyers with as much stock as it takes to break them

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.