CER 0.00% 32.0¢ centro retail group

On the subject of the CNPSA and their potential for causing...

1. 229 Posts.
    On the subject of the CNPSA and their potential for causing trouble, I think for starters their claim to substantial shareholder status is dubious at best.

They are a group of individual shareholders who, in sum, represent anywhere between 5% and 10% of the total. But they are just an association. Associations are simple devices for community or non-profit groups to operate as a formal entity. They have only limited rights. They certainly can't direct their members to vote or act in a certain way. Associations have no rights over members' private property.

That's why the CNPSA can't say how many shares they 'control'. They need to be continually finding out who are current members and how many shares they hold, and if they are still 'on side' with the current course of action by the leaders.

It would be interesting to find out how one becomes a member of the CNPSA and what members are expected to do or commit to. This group can cause trouble in the short term, but I don't think they have an organisational structure sufficiently strong to support a longer term effort.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CER (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.