SIR 0.00% $2.52 sirius resources nl

the sir $10.00 party?, page-24

1. 1,195 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1035
    Thank you MulgoaN for posting a good question on Poseidon, I was wondering how long it would take for someone to `prompt a discussion on this topic and you were the catalyst. Thank you also to Senator2004 for an excellent concise historical summary of the events of those fascinating years, you certainly kindled some great memories. Goldfinger1 and Bobminer, always informative factual and entertaining. Thank you for highlighting what the purpose of Hot Copper is all about.

For all it is worth, perhaps I'll just write one of my experiences with Poseidon as I also am an old dog of yesteryear.

In 1969 I was geologising in the outback of the Gulf of Carpentaria, exploring for uranium. In the once weekly or fortnightly paper deliveries to the camp, I noticed the name Poseidon in the shares column. Having a Greek background I thought, That's a good name, I'll buy some of these. That was in late August early September. So, I bought 1000 shares at $0.70. At the time of-course if I remember correctly, there was only lateritic nickel discovered in Australia, and because of the Vietnam War, some serious exploration companies started putting their efforts into exploring for sulphide nickel deposits. Many would be's or could be's also got on the band wagon, but that is another story. So, but for the fact that I had the Greek background, I would not have bought those shares. Now, don't get too excited about this story because it has a twist to it.

At the time, I was engaged to a beautiful lady who lived in New-Zealand, As luck would have it, two weeks after I bought Poseidon shares, I received a letter from my fiance, threatening to break our engagement if I did not commit to a wedding ring. On an emotional decision, I sold my Poseidon shares, Again at $0.70, in order to pay for a trip to Auckland to sort things out with my fiance. The rest is history. 43 years later I am still married to the fiance who became my wife and love her more than ever. A good twist I say!

Ironically, Sirius also happens to be an ancient Greek name and yes I am holding some. This time however, I am glad I'm not courting anyone.

To all, Enjoy the Sirius ride. It is second to none.

Cheers,

Helmenesh

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SIR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.