the slippery slope that led to slaughter, page-3

1. 4,434 Posts.
    re: thurly- again:the slippery slope that led to s This sentence, too, gives me the uglies:
    "It is a certain fact that not all Muslims are terrorists," Abdel Rahman al-Rashed, the general manager of the satellite television station al-Arabiya, wrote. "But it is equally certain, and exceptionally painful, that almost all terrorists are Muslims."

Why is this "exceptionally painful" and aphorisms like "the yanks have the greatest capacity to destroy the whole planet than all other nations. That "almost all invaders in the last 3-4 decades were Yanks."

Why is it that the word "terrorist" not thrown in the dung heap of warspeech where it belongs? Why can we not admit that there are many types of war and whereas America chose to spend infinite amounts of money on these killing gadgets, the rest of the world simply doesn't have either he money or the will to make use of such weapons of infinite destruction and use very cheap and, to my mind, far more brave tactics. With us, there's a great deal of disgusting, lying rhetoric; of applause and self-proclaimed rectitude, of pseudo-reverential theatre, of drums and trumpets. With them it's a simple act of resistence. Terrorism? I know that, whether an Iraqi or a Chechnyean, or an Oz, a Greek or a jew, I'd still feel terrorised if I heard the sound of a bomb (smart, stupid or otherwise; coming form a friend or an enemy) approaching!

I don't think we'll ever get to the bottom of what these men did in Baslan. They could well have been sheer murderers. I find that hard to believe. I mean, I find it hard to believe that an organization of murderers as large as this group exists only for the sake of killing. There has to be a damned good reason for anyone to join a group of killers. Political, religious, financial, something. The agenda which would employ anyone as a killer would have to be bloody lofty, otherwise why would you go and blow yourself up?
    And don't give me this well stepped upon shlt about the the heavenly virgins! Or that THEY are backward and barbaric. There's nothing in the wiring of their brain that is different to that of anyone else's. Something, therefore, something which is solidly backed up by reason (it might be as bad a reason as that of Bushy's) motivates them.

Forget the slogans, look at the motive!
    Accept that we will probably never know what the aparatchics are thinking in camera!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.