CVN 5.13% 20.5¢ carnarvon energy limited

the space i want cvn to be in.

1. 2,163 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 105
    At last I reckon its there now.
    Apart from the low SP,and reserves that are tending towards a higher rate of depletion than Im happy with,Im very happy where CVN is right now(the happiest Ive been for at least 2 years)
    . How come?
    1. Ive expressed a strong personal view over a long time now that my sort of oiler is a belt and braces company- sandstone drilling and volcanic targets on land at shallow depths

in something like an even relationship.Even better if they can drill for the 2 types of target every time the drill goes down .
    2.Ive stated ,half-jokingly,that I wouldnt mind if "the" rig stayed put in the "oily patch"(L33 and L44) for a year or so.
    3. Ive speculated along with many others as to how nice it might be if we could see 2 rigs banging away close to each other in the oily patch but agree that its a quantum step to move from a single rig to 2 full time rigs drilling in the same patch(es),
    Its great to see CVN blasting off an otherwise sobering announcement with such emphasis for the future on both drilling regimes,reminding holders of the undoubted merits of the sandstones.
    In my view we had a dallience with Tuatara,a much more worth dalliance(IMO)) with L20/50 ,and now we are back to the Thai grass roots. What I especially like is what watchers seem to have almost forgotten about (because nobody seems to be posting on the subject)- The 10 February Thai Update makes a 3-pronged statement as follows. Firstly that the $26m,34-well ,2011 ,firm Thai programme is based on 1 rig operating in L44 and L33 throughout 2011. Then CVN states(the 2nd prong) that the rig used in L20/50 is to be released (or is likely to be released). Its the 3rd prong that contains considerable hope when read in conjunction with the 1st prong ("one rig assumed for 2011")-"Depending on circumstances,including corporate production levels and the levels of exploration and development success,a 2nd rig may be utilised throughout all or a large portion of 2011".
    What do you reckon about the prospects of 2 rigs banging away in 33 and 44 with sojourns into Bo Rang,Na Sanun etc for the rest of 2011 if production is on the up and with an oil price of $110 ?
    Pretty damn good,I would say and with a grand spread of sandstone and volcanic prospects to attack without any Tuataras or L20/50s to cloud the screen.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.5¢
Change
0.010(5.13%)
Mkt cap ! $366.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.0¢ 20.5¢ 19.5¢ $492.2K 2.477M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 55000 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.5¢ 415302 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.