Roberter,To take notice of anything posted here on the...

1. 1,781 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Roberter,

To take notice of anything posted here on the stockmarket requires more faith and a greater degree of credulity than that required for the acceptance of the wackiest religion.

After a short time one should begin to realise that stockmarket posters have their own agenda ,like being stuck with a certain stock or trying to get into a stock at a lower price. (Which most intelligent people should recognise as a self defeating policy if the intention is to go long.)

The most useful words are "do your own research" but how many times can you keep saying that.

I suppose it's real value is the realisation that you are not the only sucker hooked on the share market.

My spin on it is that the sort of personal analytical skills one should try to bring to the markets may be sharpened by interaction with some of the off market topics.

I take the view that one should be in constant argument with the opinion of others over their view of the market so you come to your own view for particular decisions on buying and selling.

There is a view, that has a limited practical use, which says every one has their own truth and one truth is equivalent to another. I'm glad airline pilots don't fly airplanes on that basis. I certainly don't play the sharemarket on it either. I come from an older school which makes a distinction between truth and b*llsh*t.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.