IMM 6.33% 42.0¢ immutep limited

the spp and possible scenarios

1. 193 Posts.
    I have received the SPP offer and have been going over the details and possible scenarios that may occur leading up to the issue of the SPP shares. My comments are based not on finally achieving a hope for cancer sufferers, but addresses the real world where people like to make money.
    Here are a couple of facts that are pertinent to the current SPP.

• The lower the share price at the time of share issue (17th May) the higher dilution becomes.
    • I believe there are 3 types of investors:
    a) The die hards and SPP investors who want PRR to be successful and will contribute to the SPP to put money into the coffers of PRR to enable it to continue its research and success. This is the best possible outcome.
    b) Traders who want to make money on PRR share price movements.
    c) Brokers who want to return a profit to those PRR clients they have in their portfolios.
    • Any shares bought on market does not put any money into the coffers of PRR, as these shares have already been purchased on a previous SPP or share issue.
    • There is no fixed price on the current SPP. The previous SPP was fixed at 28 cents.
    • Any shares bought now do not make you eligible to participate in the current SPP, as the close of date for the books was 28th March.

So... what does all this mean. For the die hards and SPP investors they will invest in the SPP at $1k, $2k, $3k etc. I would assume that on reflection they would want the SP to be low, let’s say 5 cents, so as at the time of issue they will get more shares for their given investment. However, the lower the SP the higher the dilution. Catch 22?

Traders will want the SP to be low so as they can ride the SP movements and make a profit.
    Brokers may advise to purchase. They may also advise to try and read the low, and buy on market, given the VWAP may be higher on issue date. If bought on market no money into the PRR coffers.

Personally, I will be participating in the SPP regardless of the market fluctuations, as I have a strong believe that Cvac will succeed, and wish to put money into PRR coffers....that’s my personal choice.

It will be interesting to see what happens from 7th May to 17th May in respect of BOT activity. Intos may BOT the SP down to 5 cents so as they can obtain more shares, either on market or via the SPP. Traders may BOT the SP down, knowing that the SP will probably creep up again. They may BOT or ramp PRR after 17th May to make a quick profit.
    Either way I can see fluctuations and possible manipulation from 7th to 17th May as people jostle for their own personal outcomes.

The bottom line, IMHO, is that it’s the die hard believers and SPP investors who have invested in PRR through SPP’s that allow traders etc to make money on PRR shares......a comment that no doubt will raise the ire of some posters.

Some would argue that traders help raise the SP. However, IMHO, it's the die hards or SPP investors that have created the shares to be able to be traded.

GLTA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
42.0¢
Change
0.025(6.33%)
Mkt cap ! $598.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
39.5¢ 42.0¢ 39.5¢ $890.1K 2.163M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 127863 41.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
42.5¢ 30850 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.