PDN 1.71% $13.24 paladin energy ltd

I hold some Cameco so pissed they are/have brought on the on the...

1. 4,315 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 719
    I hold some Cameco so pissed they are/have brought on the on the spot market to supply older contracts at low prices. short term pain which I think should have seen a "force majeure" used on the buyers many of whom flexed up contract supply amounts to rub further salt into our wounds. The Short term pull back resulting from the Q4 has settled and buyers moving back to pick up the marginally lower stock prices.

My favorite case study German is in more than Cameco short term own goal.

"

FRANKFURT (Reuters) - German commercial property prices fell 12.1% in the final three months of 2023 compared with a year earlier in their biggest-ever drop, the VDP banking association said on Monday, as the nation's struggling property industry suffers its worst crisis in decades.

That makes for a 16.5% fall in prices from their peak in the second quarter of 2022, VDP said.

"A trend reversal is not yet in sight for property prices, despite frequent public speculation. The situation will remain difficult for the time being in 2024," said VDP's chief executive Jens Tolckmitt.

For years, property in Europe and particularly Germany boomed as interest rates fell, turbocharging demand. But a sudden jump in rates and building costs tipped some developers into insolvency as bank financing dried up and deals froze.

Germany is so far Europe's hardest hit in a rout that has also struck China and the United States. Jobs are increasingly on the line, and the industry has called for emergency aid.

(Reporting by Tom Sims; Editing by Miranda Murra

"

The only thing missing from the kick in the preverbal for Germany was headlines like

"

High Electricity Prices Have Europe Facing Deindustrialization; Don’t Let It Happen Here

"

"According to the European Commission, industrial output in the Euro area plummeted 5.8 percent in the 12 months ending November 2023. Capital goods production was down nearly 8.7 percent. Investment in plants and equipment has plummeted. Europe’s current account surplus, which has averaged more than 3 percent of GDP for decades, was wiped out in a single year by soaring energy imports. "

Longer term I know Cameco is a safe investment. Germany is an own goal

"Germany shuttering its nuclear plants and sanctions disrupting the supply of Russian natural gas, the European Union has doubled down on renewable energy mandates, further constricting the supply of fossil fuel power. After soaring to 10 times their 2019 levels a year ago, Europe’s electricity prices have settled at triple their pre-pandemic levels. They are projected to remain at this level for some time."

What we know is Japan and elsewhere that restarting and using Nuclear Power can happen. Darauf Warten

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.24
Change
-0.230(1.71%)
Mkt cap ! $3.951B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.66 $13.70 $13.24 $115.9M 8.727M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 60263 $13.23

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.29 42663 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.